November 7, 2013

Upping the Anti

I have been promising everyone a blog last week, and I apologize for not getting it done.  

I have had some major ups for me in my life lately and I'm loving every minute of it.  But this new part of my life has made me a whole lot busier.  I have gone from only working maybe 15-20 hours a week to 30+.  And that 30 hours is at the box I work at, the other + is what I end up doing while I am at home.  I am no longer doing personal training unless they are a hybrid client with NUCO  The never ending task of helping get this place officially up and running.  


So my new boxes name is CrossFit Ferus. 
Ferus is Latin for "fierce, wild, savage, untamed," and I love every bit of the name.  It was a big debate a first because they way it was being pronounced sounded like fairy or ferret.  
I look at the being of the word as our passion, drive, and determination for the sport of CrossFit and how much we love it.  I wouldn't give up CrossFit for anything in the world, well one thing anyway.  

But since we have gotten our name I have become the Assistant Manager at my box, and I am helping with programming and it feels great to hear people say they like the workouts I have come up with. I can only say is I have tended to bring my work home with me every day since, and I do need to learn how to separate those back out, but I'm sure that will happen a little bit once everything is going like it should.  
Sundays are always my rest day, from everything except for the occasional run with FRC. So no matter what, no work that day.

God's Destination for Me
I know back when I moved to the Fort Bragg area I had said that God had answered my prayers about letting me work with the military.  I still would love to be directly involved with them one day, and when I first moved here I honestly thought that my job on base would require me to train them.  I learned that I was basically becoming a teacher and being what felt like a broken record telling the same thing to every individual that came through the door.  I've learned that I love coaching people, and I can't stand when people have crappy form when lifting.
So yes, my dream is to work with the military but maybe God has a plan for me to work with the military in a different way.  To be involved with them through CrossFit, and at some point this all could change again in the future and I think God has another and better plan for me then as well.  
But life is a journey and you just have to see where it takes you, whether it be in work or relationships in your life.

My Deadline Feels Like Tomorrow
Right now I am currently searching for a place to rent, whether it be an apartment or a house to rent.  I need to be out of my current place by the end of January and I have been looking a lot lately, but I still feel like I have to find a place tomorrow.  I have found an apartment complex that I love that is on special right now.  I am looking at houses tomorrow so if I don't see anything  like I might just go ahead and hold the apartment.  But I would love to have a house and plenty of room.
I am so confused on where I want to settle in my life.  Maybe I'll just end up being the traveling CF coach?




No comments:

Post a Comment