August 9, 2015

Waffles and Tuscan Turkey Meatballs

Before
As some of you may know I started the BadAss Body Diet back at the beginning of June.  I had some changes I wanted to make to my body, like lean out a little more. I followed the book by Christmas Abbott and I had my cheat day on Sundays still, but the only way I cheated was that I added extra carbs for making ice cream for my Sunday night sweet snack.  But I have sticking to the diet.  I have definitely been happy with the results that I say after the 21 days.  
The book requires that you do the diet for a strict 21 days, no cheating (eating things not allowed).  If you stray from your plan within that 21 day period, you start from Day Number 1!




After 21 days.  This is a little over the 21 day
mark.  Definitely leaner.







Yes, We Have Our Moments Too...

So everyone things the fitness junkies are always full time strict with their diet.  Well I'm here to tell you that we have our moments too where we eat the ice cream, cake, fried foods, etc.  We are real people too. I will admit I have started back on eating sweets and I can honestly say my idea of getting the sweets out of the apartment is for me to eat them...ALL, in moderation of course.  
So, yes I can be the crazy fitness girl who is really disciplined with her food, but I want you to know that yes I have my cracks too.  I enjoy my sweets. All us fitness gurus do.  You just might not see it as much.  But once the sweet are out of the apartment I'm only keeping one sweet in stock and that is it.  I like being strict with my diet and cheating with my homemade ice cream.



I love to cook and to try and make different things.  I've recently am trying to get more involved with the fitness part of my life, like being an active member with the protein brand, Eat The Bear, that I take.  Well breakfast is my favorite, and I prefer waffles over pancakes.  I like trying different flavors of pancakes and everything new I try and fix from this point on is going to be in the guidelines for the BadAss Body Diet. I will provide you with all the bricks and ingredients so you can take the recipe and make it your own.  



BadAss Body Blueberry Waffles
Makes: 2 3/4 waffles

Ingredients

  • 1/2 banana
  • 2 egg whites (or 1 egg)
  • 1tsp cinnamon
  • 1.5tsp crunchy peanut butter (or any nut butter or your choosing - I don't own smooth pb)
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (ETB Naturally Whey Vanilla)
  • 1/4c fresh frozen blueberries
Direnctions

  1. slice banana and place in bowl, then mash until smooth - no lumps
  2. add in cinnamon and mix together well
  3. add in pb and mix together well, this might take a little time since it is thick
  4. slowly poor in protein powder and stir into mixture.  Don't stir it too fast so that it doesn't powder up and end up all over the place like flour would
  5. add in eggs and mix thoroughly
  6. pour in blueberries and mix together
  7. finally spray/rub waffle maker with olive oil/coconut oil/ghee (anything of your choosing so that the waffles don't stick.  And cook for 5-10 minutes, checking on occasion to make sure they don't burn.
Bricks
Protein: 2 - 2 egg whites (1 brick), 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (1 brick)
Carbs:  3 - 1/2 banana (2 bricks), 1/4c blueberries (1  brick)
Fats: 1 - 1.5tsp crunchy peanut butter

I evened out all the bricks to 3 each in the morning with 
Protein - 2 egg whites (1 brick)
Carbs - 0
Fats - 1 slice turkey bacon (1 brick), 1.5tsp kerrygold butter (1 brick)

I always loved spaghetti when I was younger, but we never had meatballs with them.  It might have been because our sauce was a meat sauce.  I'm not much of a pasta person these days, so instead of using pasta I've started using spaghetti squash.  I find it much lighter than regular pasta and still gives me that spaghetti noodle feel.  I didn't add these to the spaghetti squash yet for the spaghetti and meatballs, I was just in the mood for meatballs last night.  When I do, probably one of this weeks dinner options I will definitely let you know how that turns out.

BadAss Body Diet Tuscan Turkey Meatballs
Makes: 24 meatballs 

Ingredients      
  •   1lb (16oz) ground turkey meat
  •   4 cloves minced garlic
  •   2 tsp basil (use fresh minced basil if possible, I didn't have any on hand)
  •   2 tsp dried oregano (minced if fresh - again if you have any fresh on hand use that instead)
  •   2 egg whites beaten
  •   1/3c almond flour (or you can process your own in a food processor)
  •   1tsp pepper        
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
2. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and thoroughly mix together with hands.
3.  Form into balls (golf ball size)
4.  Cook for 25-30min









It's going to be the start of a new week, so that might bring a new recipe for me to try out and some spiritual clarity to my life that you might get let in on.  My 2 weeks in Florida did help some.  Worship on the Water was amazing and has really rekindled the desire in my heart for a closer walk with God.  I wish I could be there every Sunday.  There was no judgement, pastors with tattoos the full length of their arms, and the people are very welcoming from all walks of life.  I really needed that, to remind that passion that I had lost, and I thank the Lord for leading me to that place and giving me the opportunity to go down there to experience what he knew I needed. 
Besides my passion for my relationship with Christ, another passion is nutrition along with helping others in their lifestyle change.  This is the first time in a while that I have found happiness in cooking.  It's felt more like a chore lately than it has felt like fun.  I love educating others and have that passion.  I find that out more every day, and hope to one day spread the knowledge that I learn so that you can take it and improve your life for the better.
My hope is not only to help you with your fitness and nutrition, but also with your spiritual journey as I go through my journey as well.



God Bless
"Training strength and endurance mentally, physically, and spiritually."

                                                                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment