April 26, 2017

My Crazy Week


My weekends when I go home to visit always seem to be crazy.  I never feel like I have time to relax even if I do go home when there is no family event going on.
But the week had already been pretty overwhelming anyway. 

Pet Sitting

Maddie & I relaxin on the couch
Right after coming back from spring break for work I started taking of a family's pets, 2 dogs and 1 cat.  Just the driving back and forth was a little exhausting even though it was only about a 20min drive.  I only needed to go over there about 2 times because I would spend the night and then come back in the afternoon and in the evening only to spend the night again.  The dogs were great but the cat on the other hand was a devil.  She chased me up onto the bed the first night I was there trying to rip me apart and hung out under the bed almost the entire night hissing at me.  And I promise you I'm not scared of cats.  She had already attacked me earlier in the day when I tried to let her get to know me.  I had talked to the owner Sunday night and told them what was going on and they said just do what I needed to do with her (throw her back in the bathroom where I had let her out of) and the owner informed me that this was normal for her.  I told her I hate to do it to her but if I had to I would.  But come Sunday morning she was nowhere to be found. I honestly prayed that she didn't pop out somewhere and attack me.  I literally was trying to check everywhere to see where she was hiding...probably a good way to get my face pounced on!  I just didn't want any surprise attacks.  The dogs hung out on the couch with me while I watched some episodes of grey's anatomy cause I never take the time to watch that show anymore.  The owners came back Friday night and I was able to take off for home for my nephew's 1st birthday party.


Before I hit the birthday party....you might remember me mentioning the guy from 16.4  that I went to DC with and how he was back in town.   He  flew into town on Monday morning/afternoon because he is leaving for work for a couple months from here.  No, I won't tell you what he does  and you will never see pictures of him out of respect for him asking me not to.  But let me be the first to say...it kills me not to be able to post at least one picture of him or at least us together (I only have one of us together haha).  I mean I like the guy and would like to share that with everyone but I have to be respectful of what he asks.  But in my free time, what I have of it, every extra second has basically been his when he doesn't get tied up with work as well.  He leaves tomorrow (Wed., and yes I know you're reading this after the fact) and it will suck but he's left before.  But at least this time I know I'll see him again and that he's coming back.  But the plan was to have him come with me if he had the weekend off from work.  He didn't so off to home I went all by my lonesome.

Jameson's 1st Birthday🎉
I didn't get into town until late Friday night which I also didn't realize when the owners said they would be get back at 9, they meant 9pm.  I could have sworn I had asked them that question and they said AM and not PM.  O well it allowed me to get some extra stuff done around my place that I wouldn't have to take care of on Sunday.  More time with the guy :)

Saturday morning, I got up and went and worked out and my coach's roommate's class where I had my last Oly meet back at the end of March.  He has some awesome roommates and it's funny to hear all kinds of stories about my coach he probably doesn't even know that I know.
After that it was time for the monster mash party for my nephew.  My nephew has the same personality as my brother, very laid back. He just enjoys being held.  They had ordered Dominos pizza for food and even though it's not within my macros I needed food!  Don't worry, I didn't have much.  My sister-in-law made his birthday cake, Confetti cake that was shaped like Mike (one eye) from Monsters Inc. but was the color of Sully (blue), and had some cupcakes as well.  
We did presents before cake and cupcakes and Jameson actually climbed up on top of one  of his presents.  He wasn't much into unwrapping them though, even though his older sister certainly was!  Jameson was moving too slow on opening presents to make Addison happy.  Jameson getting into that cake was hilarious and then trying to share it with other people.  He had it all over his face and hands. I honestly thing he would have destroyed the entire thing if his mom would have let him.   Maybe the cutest thing I've ever seen but let's face it, I'm biased because he's my nephew.  I only stayed for about 2.5hrs and then headed home and got in the bed.  
I was waiting on my mom to get home and we were planning on going to go  the White Water Center and listen to the band but she feel asleep on the couch which isn't unusual for my momma.  I was dying to get out of that house though.  So since we missed the band we went to the grocery store instead. Cause I needed eggs.   And we just came back and watched the latest love story on Hallmark channel.  I know we're party animals.










HWC Unbroken


Sunday morning I skipped church because I had volunteered to work one session at an oly meet that morning.  I enjoy going to Oly meets.  And it was a free pass to get into the Europa Games Expo, which I had never been to, fuel that burning itch to compete in another meet and get some free samples.  And of course to help out referring and get my judges book signed.  I was really impressed by one girl who could lift more than I could...no wonder I was impressed right? I got there early and was able to walk around for a bit and see all the different vendors.  What fitness girl wouldn't love all the vendors that usually give out free samples right?  And I wanted to stop by and see my friend Krystal since she was a vender there as well with her store Rogue American Apparel. We talked for a bit and off back to judge the oly meet I went.  I was the center judge, which they wondered if I was comfortable with.
Well what do you know the first time I ever judged a comp, I was thrown in as the center judge.  Which is a little nerve racking considering you're the one who makes the decision of when the athlete is allowed to drop the bar.  But it also didn't help that Europa also had a CrossFit competition going on right beside us. I get ADD sitting still, so I would watch the CrossFit comp while in between judging lifters.  Some times I would look over just in time for the next lifter to walk on the platform....bad head ref!  But we all agreed on good lift and no lift 95% of the time.  I think there was only twice I almost forgot to tell/give the down signal for the lifter.
After I finished referring I swung back by my friend's booth but she wasn't there.  So I doddled around a bit trying to see if I could score anything free from the vendors.  My only luck was with Quest which I got a couple of free cereal protein bars from them (which I already have plenty of) and some quest bars.  Saves me from having to buy some!

After the Eupora expo and finishing referring I went home and finished up a couple things and then hung out with the guy from 16.4.  Not sure if I'll come up with a name on here for him yet or not...and if I do, what will it be?

Some more exciting things coming up in the next one...or at least I'm excited about them!





~God Bless


"Training strength and endurance mentally, physically, and spiritually."


No comments:

Post a Comment