July 12, 2017

Gaining & Losing

It's a love hate relationship with workouts.  I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.  I may no have a love hate relationship with working out in general, just from month to month some movements in my programming.  

The Gain
I have been on a hypertrophy template for the past 3 months and I'm suppose to be changing to a strength template next month.  Not going to lie, I'm a little nervous!  This past month of hypertrophy has been my favorite of the 3, focusing on double instead of triples like it was last month.  
I've been happy with my strength on my back squats, which have steadily gotten heavier with each progressing week, and although my push press has grown in strength slowing I couldn't be happier with it.  Around week 3 I hit another PR on my snatch, only 1kg (62kg from 61kg)but I'm getting closer and closer to a heavier snatch and I love that.  Snatch is my favorite movement of the two, probably because I seem to be able to get more PRs with a snatch whereas clean and jerks seem to take me a little longer.  I think C&J are more of a plenty block for me than anything.
This past week I've had to workout in the afternoons because of all the running around dog sitting I've been doing and having to take care of animals in the morning trying to get to the gym just wasn't going to cut it.  Honestly, when I walked into the gym on Friday afternoon I was definitely not in the mood to be there.  I have max doubles every Friday.  But on another honest note, I think my body likes afternoons better because I have more fuel in my system than first thing in the morning.  More/better fuel = better performance
I always warm up snatch doubles with doubles starting at 60% until about 75% and then switch to singles until I get to the weight I want to attempt.  Warming up with doubles the entire time would just wear my body out by the time I got to the heavier weight.  I felt good on all my doubles and singles and normally got 56/57 on my snatches but I decided to make the jump to 58kg and see how it went.  I hit them easy, but of course I forgot to film it.  Great!  But for some reason I decided why the heck not, and went for 60kg double (2kg under my max)!  I hit those easy as well.  Maybe I should have gone up more but that gave me a lot of confidence leading into my meet this upcoming weekend.



I tried to stay nice and relaxed with my C&J as well.  I was feeling good with these as well on the catch to stand up out of the bottom of the clean so I tried a weight I've been struggling with this entire month, 66kg.  I was able to stand it up once and realized it was just a positioning thing.  So I figured why not and jumped it to 68kg, my max.  I was able to stand up 68kg for a single but couldn't get there for the double.  So I decided to call it a day on doubles and try to and single clean so I jumped to 69, which I should have gone 70.  I was able to get the 69kg up.  I was happy and decided to stop there for the day since I had a lot of other things in my programming that I needed to get done.  I probably could have gone fro 70 but didn't want to push it.



The Loss
So I've been on my cut nutrition plan for 4 months now slowly cutting from 58kg lifter to a 53kg lifter.  I'm currently at 55kg, which is nice.  And nice we're moving slow so that I can still keep my strength while losing weight.  Lose weight to fast and I lose my strength.  I'm curious as to what I will look like at 53kg.  Some days are harder than others, especially heavy programmed lifting days because it's a lot of food.  Sometimes I may not make all my macros for that day, specifically carbs at lunch time.  But I try and make those up later in the day..mostly at my night snack haha (probably shouldn't make them up then). 

I have thrown in a spoonful or two of some ice cream just to get it out of my freezer.  But overall it's going well.  And I'll have to see what I weigh-in at at my meet on Saturday.









This Saturday I have a weightlifting meet in Asheville.  I'm feeling ready, not only for a good meet but also to get some time to relax and regroup of all the craziness of taking care of dogs over the 4th of July weekend.  I finally am out of dogs at my place as of the 10th but have been dropping in on a dog to do some walks.  But that's besides the point.  
I'm lifting Saturday morning, but I'm headed up there Friday morning/afternoon and going to enjoy myself later in the afternoon.  I have recommendations from friends about things to go do and places to eat and from my mom as well.    I think one of the coolest things someone has recommended so far is the Drum Circle in downtown on Friday nights.  So I'm excited to go and check that out.
After competing on Saturday the goal is to go tubing on the river  to relax and have some fun, hopefully it doesn't rain.  That would stink haha 
Either way, I'm looking forward to getting out of town and having some fun time to myself.  I love traveling!  And honestly can't remember the last time I was in Asheville besides to see the gingerbread houses at the Grove Park Inn.  Those are honestly my exciting plans for the weekend.  And I'll probably stop by and stay the night in Charlotte until Monday to hang out with family for a bit.
My Meet Goals:
My goals for this meet are a snatch PR (not a meet PR), and hoping for a C&J PR as well.  

My wishes:
Snatch: 63/64kg
C&J:  70/71kg

Never hurts to have a goal.



Other Things In Life...
I am honestly feeling pretty good this summer.  I've been motivated to start somethings I've always wanted to do and I won't say how that motivation came about.  But I want to try the church choir, socialize a little bit more (I tend to be a home body once I get home from work or just rather hit the pool), I'm getting back into my ASL online class (after taking a week off from all the dog craziness...just reviewing right now), and but I'm thinking about registering for classes at the local community college here.  It would be a good way to for me to get some ASL socialization in also.

So I haven't written about Fidget in awhile.  And I've wanted to keep a lot of all that private.  I haven't talked to him in 2 week and I know a lot of it has to do with his job so I'm not too worried about it. Only thing that does worry me is the last conversation we had we didn't get to finish and it as pretty important.  He's got a lot on his plate and I'm honestly I'm just scared I'm going to lose him in the whole process of everything and what he's got going on.  So when he reads this, which he does read my blogs, he will know a little how I feel.  I've emailed him and told him some of my thoughts but not this one.  This one I'm scared to tell him.  Because let's face it, sharing feelings makes us completely vulnerable. And that's always a scary thing to do.  I'm always worried that something I tell him (although he's pretty good about it) will make him run in the opposite direction of me.  He's told me I don't scare  him but we've said we would be honest with each other.  So I'm trying to be, no matter how hard it is.
It's always easier telling strangers your feelings because you have no idea who they are, especially this way, and they can't really say anything back to you about it.




Although, I've told you how crazy dog sitting has been for 4th of July I have loved every minute of taking care of the dogs I've had.  This a truly saved me this summer and I'm so thankful!  I have some dogs that I've meet that I've loved, some that I would never sit again haha which happens to plenty of sitters.  I have met some amazing dogs that I end up treating like my own that I hope to have some day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment