August 21, 2013

God is In Control of Everything, Steal My Show

Sunday I went to church with my mom and grandma before I headed back home.  I love going to my old church; it just renews my strength in my relationship with the Lord.
For about the past month I have really been looking at going to graduate school to get a Masters in Nutrition.  Nutrition has been a big part of my life since I found out that I inherited high cholesterol, have a heart disease, and am anemic.  And I'm sure if you have gone to the doctor and he has told you you have high cholesterol is it as simple as changing your eating habits and exercising, but that's not really the point I'm trying to get at here.  So I lost my job working for the Army at the end of June and am now personal training. With as much stress as I place on myself already, trying to get my Masters at this time would just place more stress on myself which I don't really need.


This was myself last May after my patella (knee cap) was
dislocated and part of my patella muscle was torn.  It sucked
being told not to workout.

God is in Control of Everything  
On Sunday, August 18 my pastor preached on John 13: 1-17 (how God has control over everything in our lives).  
He first pointed out that we need to serve with confidence, not fear.  God has a timeline for our lives and from reading in Genesis those plans may change on occasion, but yes he has a plan for us.  God is in complete control of our lives whether it is the outcome that we want in our lives or not.  He deviates our personal plans so that we learn to exalt him.  When I pray, I always ask that I am able to share my passion for God through my passion for fitness. This might not be what God has planned for me, but I pray all the time that it is.

We have to trust God and his plan for our lives, he controls EVERYTHING!!
Another point my pastor made was to look to Christ, not other people.  We are always asking people for advice when we have huge decisions to make in our lives.  And yes their advice could help us make that decision, but whether their advice is correct or not the ultimate decision is up to God.  We need to turn to him no matter how big or small the circumstance, how good or bad the situation.  God will answer all our prayers when the time is right.






"Steal My Show"
I was on my way in to work this morning and this song came on the radio by Toby Mac called "Steal My Show."  This song just reminded me that we need to make sure our actions are for God and not for ourselves.   To let the Lord take control of our lives.  We need God to take control of our lives and to let our lives be fully exalted in him and for him to shine through in everything that I do.  This song just reminded me of what was preached about Sunday at church and felt it was a good way to reiterate how God is in control of everything in our lives and how we need to be willing to let him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA_HoEC9ixc&feature=share&list=UUT8-g1d11o6fkxMNk2p5tWA

No comments:

Post a Comment