August 28, 2013

"I'll Never Ever Let You Go"

I won't lie, for the past week I have felt my relationship with God slipping right before me.  And I hate that I don't take the time to read my Bible anymore.  I have a reading plan from my old church back in Charlotte that is suppose to last me the whole year, and I think I'm in March still of this year.
I feel like my relationship is stronger with the Lord when I pray; I personally like to write down my prayers.  Writing my prayers down really helped me to start praying and stay committed.  I won't lie, I stole this idea from The Help.  
This is the journal that I use to write all my prayers down in.
If I just say them in my head and don't write them down I
don't feel like I'm praying.
Last night I was so mentally tired after being up from 3:30am and working until 7:30pm, all I wanted to do when I got home was go straight to my bed and crash.  I have been dealing with a lot of things mentally lately and just needed that quiet time.  So, even though I was completely exhausted and after attempting to pray on Sunday night and starting to fall asleep in the process I was determined no matter how tired I was to break out my journal and write down my prayers!  And needless to say I did, and it has helped me feel a lot better.  I try and carry my prayer journal with me so that if I have free time I can write down my prayers during the day, but I just feel better doing it before I go to bed.  Everyone has that time they feel most comfortable praying.  I have heard some people like to pray more in the morning, and my Mom likes to pray while she is at work.  But this is our time to spend with the Lord and we should do it whenever we feel the need to.


God promises to never leave you. ” I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
(Hebrews 13:5)

So I heard this song by Group 1 Crew "He Said," this morning on Air1 Radio on my way to work.  And what I am trying to get at is that no matter when, why, or how long I feel that my relationship is growing weak with the Lord He will NEVER let me break that relationship with him.  He will always hold on to my heart, even by the end of the string.  

God will never give us more than he knows we can handle and he will always be there to help pull us through even when we thing we won't make it.
He might let us struggle and hurt, and our relationship with him start to dwindle, but he will always bring us back to him. 
God will never let go of our hearts and we should never forget that he has told us this)


Attached is the video, but if it doesn't play just click on the name above and it should connect you to the youtube video.


"I won't give you more than you can take.
I might let you bend, but I won't let you break.

I'll never ever let you go.

Don't you forget what He said!"

No comments:

Post a Comment