July 23, 2016

DC or Bust (more bust) + Lip Renewing Serum & Micro-dermabrasion Paste


It's Friday and I'm leaving later today for Charlotte for my Oly meet tomorrow.  I have to take a rest day today so my body can be ready but all I really want to do is do some light work with a barbell.  And I won't lie I'd probably work up to something heavy just to make sure I can hit weights for tomorrow cause I'm super nervous right now.  Resting on a day you typically workout on is really hard!


Pretty much how I feel right now.
And I wish this was a Dory picture, it's so much funnier
that way.


DC or Bust
I left Thursday to head to DC/Maryland area and made great time.  I was able to get a workout in before leaving town and made it to my friend's parent's place by about 145pm.  My friend was on the phone when I got there so it gave me a chance to unpack all my stuff, then we headed off into town to get some food for the night.  We went to get some fresh fish from a fish market and then we headed to a Dutch market.  Yes, actual Amish people work there.  We originally went in for Amish chicken which she was raving about, but they were out.  We picked up some fresh made pretzels sticks instead, a couple with just cinnamon and others just salted.  We got all kinds of fish from the fish market...salmon, tuna, rainbow trout, calamari, crab cake.  All with a side of salad and roasted potatoes and onions (I skipped the potatoes and onions though).
The next day we were headed to Annapolis, Baltimore on the next trip!  So I headed out to workout at Blue Crab CrossFit. At first I was going to wake up and go to the 6am class, setting another alarm.  Then I thought, "What the hell am I doing?"  I'm on vacation, let your body get rest and turn off those stupid alarms!  So sleep in it was and I went to the 8am class.  I enjoyed the class, but it felt like I didn't do much since I'm normally in the for more than an hour.  I just did't feel as if my workout was complete.  And understand it had nothing to do with the gym, it's just from my own personal training plan I usually do.
Our workout for Friday was:

A) 5 Rounds
5 clusters 115/80
10 pull ups

B) Back squats  (7x3 @ 80-85%)
*stick with the same percentage for all 7 sets


Annapolis
I headed back to the house for a snack after that and then grabbed a shower, and waited on Kasenia to finish up her phone calls that she needed to make.  On the way to Annapolis, she took a different route so that we wouldn't get stuck in traffic since we got a late start to our day.  So that meant to Chesapeake Bay Bridge this time around.  I can't remember how long she said the bridge was.It's a very rare occasion when you see what they call "plebs", what they call freshman.  And it was a new enrollment, so they had just started, so them being out and about would be really rare!  But we got lucky enough to see some on the athletic field when we were walking into the facility. We walked around the United States Naval Academy and then around downtown Annapolis, which is basically has your small hometown feel to it with the history included.  
In front of the US Naval Academy
There were so many restaurants that I saw that I would have loved to have tried.  I want to go back again and get a Naval Academy t-shirt and then eat at one of the places in downtown.  And for a snack we stopped in a place called Kilwin's, freshman fudge and hand scooped ice cream.  We walked around Annapolis a little more trying to not let our ice cream melt and run down our hands.  I went to look for a shirt while Kasenia went and got the car because our meter was about to expire.  So I waited while she brought the car back around and we went to a place called Mike's Crab House and Bar for some Maryland's best crab.  Every said you haven't had crab until you've been to Mike's.  I wanted to get crab legs which I thought that they would have.  Boy was I wrong! Maryland serves soft shell crab instead of crab legs so which I didn't realize what that was because I'm used to southern stuffed soft shell crab.  O the naive uncultured part of me haha.  But I went with a dish called crab imperial instead.  It was good, but there was nothing special to it. And the crab tasted like crab to me
John Paul Do


DC and Bust
So I decided to go workout on Saturday and would also get a chance to meet a fellow LiveSore ambassador, which is how I found out about Blue Crab CrossFit.  The workout didn't start until 10am so that made me a little anxious because I didn't want to miss a lot of the Christian conference which was the whole reason I had traveled to the DC/Maryland area.  So to the gym I went and their Saturday's are a partner workout which was nice because I push myself a little more with those.  I got partnered with the gym owner, Josh.  And we did a badass job
25min cap
100cal row
60 abmat sit ups
60 hasp
60 cleans 115/80
60 burpee over plate
40 OHS 115/30
AMRAP muscle ups/strict pull ups with remaining time
40 muscle ups
*teams of 2, split work however needed


Saturday crew post WOD at Blue Crab CrossFit



DC Bust
After that I completed my front squat since I'm trying to increase my strength in those so I can up my C&J numbers.  My goal is 155# by the end of the year and next year probably 170/175#!  (the # after the number refers to pounds).  After that I headed back to the house to take a shower and then Kasenia took me to the metro. I calmed my anxiety about being at the gym because the Together 2016 tour was going to start at 9am and last until 9pm.  So a 12 hour even, that I would get to see plenty of!

Jesus resets us!
After taking the metro into DC and walking for about 30min to the entrance of the conference an announcement was made on the Together 2016 facebook page that they were shutting down the event due to the heat index being so made.  I arrived to the conference at 315 and was out of it my 330.  I was completely bummed that I had just missed something I new was going to be completely amazing.  So I met up with my friend Krystal and her guy friend Chris and we headed back to their hotel to hang out for a bit.  It started raining, after we got through the door of their place.  I hung out for about an hour and a half and then headed back toward the metro to head home.  I felt awkward, third wheel-ish, since they were cuddling up on the bed.  So I was back in Maryland and having dinner by the time it was 830pm. 
I had other things planned besides going to the conference that day.  I had packed a change of clothes because I was going to treat myself to a nice dinner at a restaurant called, The Lincoln.  Then I was going to head over to Georgetown Cupcakes, which was featured on the tv channel TLC.  I didn't get to Georgetown either.  I was really looking forward to going there and getting some cupcakes, not only for myself but also for the family I was staying with as a hostess gift.  Now all I've got is a thank you card to send them.  But something is better than nothing.
I headed out Sunday morning around 730 to head back home and get some things done around the house...like my laundry.

R+F
Lip Renewing Serum
So some of use have that issue where our lips are constantly dry and nothing seems to help, we start getting wrinkles as we get older, and our lips just start to lose their moisture.  All causing those smooth soft lips to look and feel bad.  The Lip Renewing Serum had peptides and antioxidants, including Vitamin E.  All these help to regain our lips natural moisture, smooth out the lines in our lips and reduce wrinkles.  And the best part is not only does it contain 60 capsules but you can use 1 capsule twice so the product lasts longer than they supply given!  It's recommended to use the serum at night after completing whichever R+F face regimen you use and not wash it off.  But if you need a little pick-me-up during the day that's okay too.  Some of us have drier lips than others.
I just ordered mine yesterday and I can't wait to get them and share some with my friends that I know would love them!




Micro-dermabrasion Paste
This paste works miracles on so many things.  You can use it with any of the regimens and use it with bits and pieces of regimens as well!
1) Soothe #2 + Micro-dermabrasion = No More Razor Bumps

2) Unblemish Sulfur Wash + Micro-dermabrasion = Bye Bye Blackheads

3) Essentials Daily Body Moisturizer + Micro-Dermabrasion = Soft Skin & Heals Cracked Feet
Because let's face it our heals suffer like crazy during the summer with all the walking around barefoot!

4) Lip Renewing Serum + Micro-dermabrasion = 1-2 Punch for Smooth, Soft Lips




No comments:

Post a Comment