July 19, 2016

Pound for Pound & R+F Reverse

I have been itching to write lately.  Maybe because I have some exciting things coming up.  

I actually touched base on this earlier this year in my blog about the Freedom 2016 conference in Washington DC.  It's a completely free concert on the National Mall with tons of speakers and musicians.  I've wanted to go to something like this for some time now and it's free and in one of my favorite cities on the east coast.  I only say east coast cause that's basically all I've traveled so I can't rule out the cities I haven't been to yet (east and west coast).
So I head out of town tomorrow and I'm staying with a  fellow teacher who is in the DC area this summer.  I'm looking forward to going back to DC and my mission to site see Mt. Vernon the time is happening.  I've been wanting to go there my past two trips.  Friday I'll be spending the day in Maryland and looking forward to seeing Annapolis and the Baltimore area.  The conference is ALL day on Saturday (9am-9pm).  I most likely won't stay for the whole thing.  That's just a long time to be outside!
But with a lot of other things coming up I've got to make sure I still get my workouts in...


Pound for Pound + Training
So I admit, my mind goes crazy on me and I get excited to sign up for something and then I second guess myself and wait to long so that registration either closes or I miss out on a spot in my weight class.  My original plan was to compete in the Barbells and Brews competition in September but I procrastinated too long and registration closed by the time I decided to actually do it.
I have wanted to do one so bad but had lost my confidence because my clean & jerk hasn't improved except for the fact that I can now squat clean 64k and not power clean.  Before I wasn't strong enough to squat clean 64kg, but I can now.  But my snatches have been improving.  I might not have made a huge improvement since last year but it is improving.  And it's hard when you don't have a coach to help make those corrections when you know you're doing something wrong but just can't figure it out.
So I with Barbells and Brews sold out I decided to go for the other one I had heard about...Pound for Pound at South Charlotte CrossFit, my first official home gym.  And the only reason I signed up is because my friend Amy gave me that confidence just by saying how good she thought I was at lifting and that she thought I should sign up.  Granted I've had other people tell me I should sing up for a meet and told me I should repeatedly because they knew I was ready but i just didn't feel as if I was.  You have to be mentally ready for them also.
So with my all registered the last thing I needed was a singlet and a coach for that day.
I contacted my friend Betsey, who I met at my USAW Sports Performance Coach certification course because she helped me with my first meet.  But she is unable to help out with this one so she started asking around for me.  Unfortunately, no luck so I asked her what she thought about one guy I had thought about asking, Matt Bergeron.  I've wanted to grab some programming from him for awhile but I can't swing the cost right now, but definitely in the future.  So I took a leap of faith and asked and he said he would be happy too.  
So coach for the meet booked.  Last thing to worry about was a singlet.  I contacted my friend Bobbie, who I knew had one from competing in an Oly meet before.  So I asked her if I could borrow hers.  If not, I was going to have to order one.  Luckily she found hers and I now have everything I need for next Saturday.  Now all I'm hoping for is a couple PRs (personal records).



Now with this whole training thing.  So I've known I've need a workout partner for awhile now.  Because it's hard for me to push myself during  conditioning part of a workout without a little bit of competition.  I don't have a clock to look at so the clock can't push me to beat a certain time, and without someone else to try and keep up with.  I need that outside motivator to push that little extra.  So I knew my condition had probably gotten a little worse.  I did't realize how bad until Guild's 4th of July community workout.  We did the workout in team of 5 and I was sore from that workout.  A workout that I shouldn't have been sore from!  So there in starts the fact that I need to start going there more to get some conditioning in.  So I decided to join them on Monday and skipped my conditioning which was suppose to be "Jackie" to go do "Cindy."

"Jackie"                                                              "Cindy"
For time                                                               20min AMRAP
1000m row                                                           5 pull ups
50 thrusters 45/35                                               10 push ups
30 pull ups                                                          15 squats

My old score for "Cindy" the very first time I did it was 18 Round + 28 reps...this past time 15 Rounds + 14 reps.  In my book that is absolutely horrible.  I did way worse than I expect of myself and again I'm sore!  But people remind me that I've been focusing a lot on my oly lifting, but I think I still do my conditioning, so it shouldn't be that bad! Yeah well I've got to be careful just for the fact that I have my oly meet next weekend but after that something is going to change.


R+F  Reverse
So I told you that once a week I would write about one of my R+F regimens.  I wanted to start with the Reverse regimen because I feel like it can be one of the least popular once.
So what exactly is the purpose behind using the Reverse regimen.  You no those extra freckles you get during the summer or that blotchy tan (some spots darker than other), dull skin, fine lines and wrinkles, dark marks, and sun damage.  Well it can all be reversed and evened out.  

Dullness and brown spots on our skin can be caused by past sun damage such as sunburns, tanning beds, not using sunscreen correctly, and even just the accumulation and daily sun exposure.  But it has also be influenced by our hormones as well: pregnancy, the birth control pill/path and hormone replacement therapy.  All these things can cause our skin to change.  And one of the great things is that R+F makes a Essentials Broad Spectrum Sunscreen to help protect your skin as well.  
When R+F created the Reverse regimen they made it so that it reflects natural light instead of our skin absorbing it and causing all the skin damage that it does.  By doing this our skin keeps that youthful, radiant, healthy look.  Unfortunately, we only see what is on the surface and not what happens to the many layers of skin we can't see, and these dark marks can make us look older and no one wants to look older than they are
The Reverse Regimen comes with 5 different therapies:

1) Deep Exfoliating Wash (Exfoliates) - cleanses and refines sun damage, blotchy complexion
It helps to loosen dead skin cells, which we all have, and contains exfoliating beads to help get rid of the dead skin cells

2) Intensive Brightening Toner (Fades Discoloration) - helps to brighten skin and fade discoloration, exfoliate and refines, and reduce free-radical damage using different acids approved for  your skin and antioxidants

3) Dual Active Brightening Complex (Brightens and Smoothes Lines) - it uses a combination of Vitamin C and Retinol
The Retinol helps with those fine lines and wrinkles and the Vitamin C helps brighten the appearance of skin.  You want to place a pea sized amount, dab and then blend on that face that we are transforming!

Our last step:
4) Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Sunscreen 
The sunscreen is designed to absorb UV rays increasing your protection.  The high SPF 50+ formula and Vitamin E and green tea help fight free radicals that damage our skin.



No comments:

Post a Comment