July 7, 2016

Catching Up On Life + Mint Chocolate Recovery Shake


I swear I'm trying to catch up and get back into getting posts done on Thursday, which there isn't any reason that I shouldn't be able to with all the horrible free time that I'm having that I can't stand.  I've been dog sitting a lot since work has let out and I run around more doing that than anything else.  Heck it might help me make it through the summer...who would have thought!  I have been wanting to sit down and blog for some time now but just haven't gotten around to hit.  

My head has been all over the place and although I swear I will no longer talk about Fidget, he still crosses my mind everyday and I wonder when those days will cease to exist.  Although part of me never wants to forget and hang on to what little time we were together and the things that he said to me, I for my sake need to get it out of my head.  I started dating someone else, just seeing where it goes.  I met him back in April and he works in CA (civil affairs) and I'm not going to lie every second we spent together at first I wished it was Fidget that I was having those experiences with.  It's not fair to me or the guy I have been talking to, but I think feelings started to develop there.
But currently that guy is deployed as of last week for 6 months after only being here a month.  He was living out of a hotel!  But he did take me out to a fancy dinner the week before he left which I'm definitely not complaining and unlike most of my planned meals throughout the week, this girl can put away some food.  He said he was going to make an effort while he was gone but I haven't heard from him yet, so until he makes an effort I probably won't either.  Which only means he wasn't being honest with me.  Maybe on occasion to check in on him but I'm not going to wait around on someone who isn't acting interested.  I know, I know, but I'm over here thinking about Fidget right?  It's because he just gave up for a stupid ass reason.  And I will always wonder What If?

But I'm trying to get out there and move on and just going out and having fun.  Hanging out with friends and I'm getting ready to take a little trip myself...DC for Together 2016.   And if you know me you know how much I love DC!  I could go there a couple times a year and never get tired of it!
But I've added to my bucket list of thing to do....visit Lake Tahoe and WA.  I'd like to do at least WA this year.  
So other than dealing with that mental struggle what has been going on in my life with training, nutrition, and work...


Training + Mint Chocolate Recovery Shake
So training has been doing well.  I've actually seen some improvements in my clean (full) & jerks.  It's been over a year since I've seen any improvements and it's been very frustrating.  I had started on the Catalyst Athletics 8 week general cycle and that cycle ended last week.  Because I was home last weekend I was unable to test for my maxes so I'm going back through the last week of training and going to try them this weekend, but I probably should have backed up two weeks in the program and then tested for my maxes this weekend.
I will honestly not be upset this time if I don't hit a PR on my C&J as long as I'm consistent like I have been the previous two week of hitting a 63kg C&J.  I had been stuck at 61kg full clean for so long and to be able to actually get 63kg makes me happy.  My current max is 64kg but in a power clean. I couldn't do a full clean at 64kg this time last year.  I've been attempting 65kg and have been getting stuck.  I think next I'm going to start a squat cycle to improve my front squat so I can get a heavier clean.  I would love to hit 70kg/73kg but I feel as if I'm a long way off.
I would love to have some coaching and it's a bummer because since school has let out I can't afford it, but I know it would really help.  I've been wanting to get some coaching from a guy named Matt Bergeron but like I said I'm unable to pay anyone at this point.  I was talking with a friend the other day and was telling her how I had debated about competing in a USAW competition in September but I don't have the confidence to since I have no coach.  I've only made improvements in my snatch since competing last May.  Not a lot but improvements nonetheless.  She said that I was really good at lifting and should do the meet, but with my lack of confidence is it even worth me competing when I know that I haven't improved that much especially in my C&J.  But her encouragement has made me want to compete so I think I'm going to go for it!

Now my nutrition has been a completely different story.
There was a Mint Chocolate Recovery Shake in
there.
I haven't been eating like I should and can see the effects of it and it has taken a toll on my confidence.  I have been eating more sweets than I normally do (only on Sundays).  I've been sneaking in the handful of reese's pieces or a few spoonfuls of ice cream during the week, but with being busy dog sitting and spending the night at their place and not mine it's been good because they don't have that temptation even thought I've been told that I was welcome to any food that they had in the house.  I will admit that the cookie dough in the fridge has been staring me down but I have resisted.  
Unfortunately, I haven't been trying many new concoctions as far as food goes these days.  The only thing new I've tried is a Recovery Shake that is Badass Body Diet approved, Mint Chocolate.  I actually got this recipe from Spartan Nutrition.

Mint Chocolate Recovery Shake

1/2 banana
1c almond milk
1-2 scoops choc protein powder (ETB Fit)
1tsp peppermint extract










Schools Out & Work
School was over as of June 10th and I will miss some of my 8th graders but it will b nice to see some of my students again and I can't wait to see them.  I enjoyed last year so much and never in my wildest dreams did I think that working with special education students would be something that would touch my heart so much and feel me with so much joy.  It is a privilege to get to work with those types of kids.  I'm hoping that an Educational Aide position will come open for next school year so I can apply for it.

Like I said above since school has been out I have been dog sitting like crazy.  I think the only break that I will end up getting from dog sitting is the week that I'm going out of town for only a couple of days.  So I have become a dog sitter while school is out.  And like I said it has been keeping me busy and might actually pay my bills for the summer.  If I could make it every summer like this.  This might be the way to go!
These are officially my god puppies
(Remi - tan and Brooklyn - black)


Rodan + Fields
Many people have heard about this company and so many more others have not.  Rodan+Fields is a clinical skincare company, created by dermatologists.  It is a company that uses network marketing to promote and sell their products.  I had been contacted about using the product or becoming apart of the business for several months.  At first I just ignored the messages.  I already had a skincare line I was using, Proactive.  Which funny enough is made by Rodan+Fields, which a lot of people didn't realize.  So after being contacted several time about it I finally decided to talk to one of the consultants.  Money has always been an issue but they have had so much success with the business.  It's all about the marketing and reaching out to people.  
I attending an online BBL (business launch party) on night and had been thinking about it for awhile, just trying the product in general.  I'm 28 years old and have terrible acne and it only got worse when I tried a new product that was all natural that I was really hoping would help.  So what exactly do I do?
I spread the word about how great these products are and I honestly believe in them.  They created for different skincare lines for different skincare concerns: acne, sensitivity, dark spots/uneven complexion, anti-aging for those fine lines and wrinkles.  It's our adult skincare but it also works on kids.  For the next 4 weeks I plan on getting back into blogging and letting you know about each different regimen.  All I do is just spread the word.  I can work from home, by the pool, or while just hanging out with friends!  Who doesn't love that.  I mean I've worked while my oils getting changed.  I'm not chained to a certain location!  I have a great support group to be there for any questions I may have as I grow my business and hopefully become successful with it as I have a feeling I eventually will.



R+F Unblemish Regimen (this is the one that I use)

So why did I join.  It's a way to get me to financial freedom, and to share something that I'm passionate about.  My acne took away a lot of my confidence and the Unblemish regimen started clearing up my skin in only a week and a half.  Who doesn't love that!  But I also have other goals like going back to school and I would love to buy a new Toyota 4runner and house one day.  But to give women of any age their confidence back from their complexion along would be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment